Electrical Service Upgrades
Like anything else in your home, your electrical service wasn’t built or installed to last forever.
That’s a given.
What isn’t a given, however, is when exactly is the right time to have it professionally upgraded. Is that time now? The answer is probably “yes” if one or more of the following are true:
- Your house is old and you can’t remember the last time your electrical service was even looked at. If, for example, you live in a single family house and currently have a fuse box or 100 amp circuit breaker panel that was installed at least five years ago, chances are you’re a candidate for either a partial or total system upgrade. Over time, wiring and electrical connections start to wear out, and once that trend starts, it only continues.
- Fuses are frequently burning out or circuits are frequently tripping. This is a clear sign of too much power being used on any given circuit…over and over again. Eventually, that could lead to an electrical fire.
- Switches and outlets are hot to the touch. You shouldn’t be able to feel any heat at all from your wall switches or outlets. If you do, something is definitely amiss.
- You’re planning on purchasing new appliances or other high-end home electronics. Today, Americans are families are adding all kinds of new appliances and gadgets to their homes, each of which puts an added strain on electrical system. Remember, there’s only so much electricity your 60 amp fuse box or 100 amp circuit breaker can handle…one circuit at a time. So if you’re already using your current electrical system to full capacity, buying more and more electrical “stuff” requires an upgrade in home electrical capacity.
- Selling your property. Maybe you’re fine with your current electrical system, but unless it’s 200 amps, chances are the people looking to buy your home won’t be as pleased with it as you are.
Benefits of More Electrical Capacity in Northwest Indiana
By upgrading or replacing your current home electrical system, you’ll be adding all of the following to your family’s everyday lives:
- Greater convenience
- Reduced risk of electrical fire
- Added safety
- Added resale value
- And, most importantly, added peace of mind
For more information or to schedule an in-home analysis of your current electrical service and ongoing needs, contact All Services Electric today. Today, like always, we’re here to make sure electricity works for you…and never against you.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE TESTIMONIALS AND REVIEWS AT